Examinations Pattern (Degree College)
Scheme of Evaluations
The performance of the learners shall be evaluated into two components. The learner’s performance shall be assessed by Internal Assessment with 25% marks in the first component by conducting the Semester End Examinations with 75% marks in the second component.
Modality of Assessment
- Internal Assessment–25% 25 Marks
Particulars Marks 1 One periodical class test* 20 Marks 2 Active participation in routine class instructional deliveries and overall conduct as a responsible learner, mannerism and articulation and exhibit of leadership qualities in organizing related academic activities 05 Marks
- Semester End Examinations – 75% 75 Marks
- Duration–These examinations shall be of 2.5 Hours duration
- Theory question paper pattern
- There shall be five questions each of 15 marks.
- All questions shall be compulsory with internal choice within the questions.
- Question may be subdivided into sub-questions a, b, c… and the allocation of marks
- Depends on the weightage of the topic.
Standard of Passing
The learners to pass a course shall have to obtain a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate for each course where the course consists of Internal Assessment and Semester End Examination. The learners shall obtain minimum of 40% marks (i.e. 10 out of 25) in the Internal Assessment and 40% marks in Semester End Examination (i.e. 30 Out of 75) separately, to pass the course and minimum of Grade E, wherever applicable, to pass a particular semester. A learner will be said to have passed the course if the learner passes the Internal Assessment and Semester End Examination together.
Method to Carry forward the Marks
- A student who PASSES in the Internal Examination but FAILS in the Semester End Examination of the theory paper shall reappear for that theory paper. However his/her marks of the Internal Examinations shall be carried over but he/she shall be entitled for grade “E” on passing.
- A student who PASSES in the Semester End Examination but FAILS in the Internal Examination of the theory paper shall reappear for the Internal Examination of that theory paper. However his/her marks of the Semester End Examination shall be carried over but he/she shall be entitled for grade “E” on passing.