- Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act 1999, which is in force with effect from 15th May 1999, has the following provisions for Action against “Ragging”:
- Ragging within or outside of any educational institutional institution is strictly prohibited.
- Whosoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in abets, or propagates ragging within or outside of any educational institution shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term up to 2 years and / or penalty which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
- Any student convicted of an offence of ragging shall be dismissed from the educational institution and such students shall not be admitted in any other educational institution for a period of 5 years from the date of order of such dismissal.
- Whenever any student or, as the case may be, the parent or guardian or a teacher of an educational institution complains, in writing, of ragging to the head of the educational institution, the head of the educational institution shall, without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, within seven days on receipt of the complaint, enquire into the matter mentioned in the complaint and if, prima facie, it is found to be true, suspend the student who is accused of the offence, and shall, immediately forward the complaint to the police station having jurisdiction over the area in which the educational institution is situated. If there is no substance, prima facie, in the complaint received, he/she shall intimate the fact, in writing to the complainant. The decision of the head of the educational institution shall be final.
- If the head of the educational institution fails or neglects to act in the manner specified in section “d” above when a complaint of ragging is made, such person shall be deemed to have abetted the offence and shall, on conviction, be punished as provided under section “b” above.
- Additional punitive provisions stipulated by the latest order of the Supreme Court.
- Ragging in the College premises is an offence and stern action will be initiated against such offence.
Powered by themekiller.com anime4online.com animextoon.com apk4phone.com