Admission Committee – 2015 – 2016
Mrs. Hemlatha Wadiker
Committee Members :
- Nilesh Kabadi
- Miss Sulabha Patil
Rules and Regulations:-
The Institute of Wada College of Management and Science is a constituent college of the University of Mumbai. Admission to all courses will be made strictly on merit and in the priority laid down by the University Admission Committee.
Admissions are held from May to July every year. Students are advised to refer to notifications by University of Mumbai regarding the schedule of admissions.
When applying for admission, each application should be accompanied by self-attested photostat copies of:
- i) Provisional Certificate of having passed the examination and the marks obtained therein
ii) Certificate of birth
iii) Certificate of Caste Certificate
iv) Documentary proof of special categories vide column 8 of admission form
v) In case of Grading System, key should be submitted along with mark sheet
If any false attestation/falsified records are detected, the student’s admission will be cancelled. In addition, a criminal case under relevant section of IPC (viz. 470, 471, 474 IPC) will be instituted against her.
Candidates securing pass marks in Practicals but failing in theory can be enrolled as ex students of the college. These students will appear only in theory papers in the subsequent examination. Practical marks and internal assessment marks will remain the same.
The candidates who have not secured pass marks in practical papers may be allowed to rejoin the college, and shall have to put in fresh attendance for one year, both in theory and practical. They will also be required to reappear in all the papers of the examination i.e. theory as well as practicals. The facility of appearing in the supplementary examination will not be available to this category of students.
- Reservation & Concessions
- a) Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes
Reservation of seats in admissions to under-graduate shall be in the following manner:
- Scheduled Caste = 15% of total intake in each course
- Scheduled Tribe = 7½ % of total intake in each course
- Other Backward Classes = 27% of total intake in each course
The seats reserved for the SC/ST shall be filled by the SC/ST candidates only. However, in the case of non-availability of the eligible candidates the reserved seats may be interchanged between the SC & ST. If still any seat remains unfilled, the same shall be left vacant. The seats reserved for the OBCs remain vacant, the said seats shall be filled with the OBC students.
Only if OBC candidates possessing the minimum eligibility marks are not available in the OBC category then the vacant OBC seats shall be converted into General Category seats in accordance with the admission schedule notified by the University
- b) Persons with Disabilities (PWD)
Not less than 3% seats must be reserved and filled in respect of students with disabilities as per the PwD Act, 1995.
A separate cut off list of persons with disabilities will be displayed as per Mumbai University Admission Schedule.
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected without any notice to the candidates,
- 5 % of the seats in each course shall be offered to the Children/Widows of Officers and Men o
- A concession of maximum 10% in the last cut-off marks fixed for general category candidates shall be extended to the candidates. The candidates will have to fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements prescribed by the University for admission to various courses. For details, the candidates should refer to the Bulletin of Information for Undergraduate Courses) of the University for the Academic year 2015-2016.
- c) Sports/ECA Persons
Upto 5% of total intake in each course. Admission under these categories shall be made in accordance with the guidelines issued by the University from time to time.
- d) University Employees Quota
The eligible wards of Teaching and Non-teaching staff of Colleges/University of Mumbai will be considered as per University rules.
- e) Special Scholarship Scheme
The Special Scholarship Scheme of the Government of India for creation of 2 supernumerary seats for the students of Jammu and Kashmir shall be implemented for all regular three year undergraduate courses. Admission under this Scheme shall be made directly by the colleges concerned on the basis of the provisional Admission Slips issued by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) subject to verification of the required documents.
- GAP YEAR
The University guidelines are followed with respect to gap year policy: Gap Year (s) would be no bar for purposes of admission to the undergraduate courses.
- The merit list for the general category seats will comprise of all the candidates in the order of merit. No one will be excluded from the same. In other words, it will also include SC/ST/OBC candidates if they come in the general merit. A candidate cannot be excluded from the general category merit list just because he belongs to SC/ST/OBC. Such a candidate is entitled to be considered under the general category, as well as under the reserved category. Admission to open category seats will be strictly in the order of merit without excluding SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- As per A.C. Resolution 40 dated 24/04/1997, no student of the University shall be permitted to pursue two degree courses simultaneously either from the University of Delhi or from other University except the part-time diplomas/ certificates of the University of Delhi.
- Candidates applying under reserved categories 1, 2 and 3 should get their original certificates verified by the competent authority as notified by the University of Delhi.
- Disputes, if any arising out of or relating to any matter whatsoever, concerning the process of admission shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent court in Delhi only